Daniel Manus - Development Exec & Script Consultant
Daniel Manus spoke to the DSA about "Becoming Your Own Development Executive: How to Look at Your Script from the Executive Perspective." He also spent a great deal of time helping members with their pitches.
writer/creator 30 days of night
The success of Steve's 30 DAYS OF NIGHT series sparked renewed interest in the horror genre, and was developed as a major motion picture with SPIDER-MAN's Sam Raimi producing and David Slade directing. Niles worked on the screenplay and has written the screenplay for the sequel, Dark Days.
Previous Esteemed Guests
The DSA has enjoyed the talent of many excellent guest speakers
Each month the Dallas Screenwriters Association is host to a special guest speaker. The following are just some of our most recent guests.
- Kirk Ellis - screenwriter and procucer of the HBO miniseries John Adams.
- Jeffrey Goodman - Director of "The Last Lullaby."
- Glenn Gers - writer of "Disfigured," "Mad Money," and "Fracture."
- Gary Goldstein - Producer of "Pretty Woman."
- Marilyn Atlas - Award-winning Producer & Personal Manager
- Darren Foster - Screenwriter and teacher at University of Colorado.
- And many, many more!