What are Scene Readings?
- Local actors read from YOUR screenplay
- Hear what your dialogue really sounds like
- See the difference a change in a character's age or gender can make
- Network with other local screenwriters, actors and filmmakers
Scene Reading Information
readings occur The last tuesday of every month
at 7:00 pm (writers must submit scenes by 6:00 pm)
at Half Price Books
5803 E. northwest highway
dallas, Texas 75231
Only DSA Members can have their work read, but visitors are always welcome to listen in or read. Come discover a little bit about our local acting and screenwriting talent.
The Value of Membership
You must be a DSA member to have your script read, but visitors and readers are always welcome to attend.
Scene Readings are just ONE value of a DSA membership. Join today and take advantage of this and other benefits:
- FREE admission to Monthly Meetings
- Exclusive Scene Reading Opportunities
- Exclusive Website Access and Resources
- Software and Other Discounts and MORE!
Hear what your Script Really Sounds Like
Do your words flow off an actor's tongue, or is it just a mouthful? Would a change in your character's age or gender make a difference?
These are just a few of the benefits of attending a Scene Reading. Hear what your dialgoue REALLY sounds like. Experiment with casting. Network with other local writers, actors.
DSA Members may bring up to 10 script pages
DSA Members are encouraged to bring up to 10 script pages to be read. Please provide enough copies for each speaking character and narrator. Writer's should bring up two or three projects in case time allows for multiple readings. Pages must be submitted by 6:00 PM and casting immediately follows.